Monday, August 31, 2009

What is this story you are trying to publish about?

Trust. Redemption. Resumption. Pride. Honour. Friendship. Family. Social Justice. Making your stand. The first story in what may be an Ennealogy, or longer, is the smallest, but sets up several themes which play an important role throughout the entire series. Of course, the most apparent theme that holds many sub-themes to it would be that of death. The fear of death. The inevitability of death. The consequences of death. The avoidence of death. The acceptance of death. As the story unfolds, these themes begin to leak out of the characters like the yolk of a cracked egg.

The first story focuses specifically on a private mercenary army brigade and their mission in a small country town based in a fantasy/sci-fi world parrallel to our own. Their being there, their actions there and the ramifications of their mission is the tiny snowball that begins tumbling down the side of the mountain, gaining speed and size as is falls, to turn into the giant sphere of snow that could topple a giant.

We are given many perspectives throughout the story. Never staying on one character for an extended period of time, always leaping in and out of someones view point to achieve an overall picture of the large mosaic, rather than being confined to only see one panel.

If you would like to know more about the story, feel free to leave a comment or email me and I will update accordingly and even post snippets.

12 comments:

  1. Man, you've told me heaps about this book, I can wait to read it. I mean the first few snipets you've shown me have been awesome! I cant wait to read the rest when im able to.

    SOMEONE PUBLISH HIS BOOK!!!

    -Shorty man

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i have read some of this book already
    and i think its totally awesome
    it deserves to be publised!!
    so publish it already!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a lot of the book and he's a very talented writer. Good luck man, hope you get it published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, I really want to read a published version of this. The summary blew me of my feet, what would a finished version bring?

    The focus of death is a perfect epitome of military hardship.

    Someone needs to publish this series, everyone has your back Kev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin has a great talent of writing books. I do honestly hope that his books will be published. From the litlle bit I have read has astonished me. Good luck Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS IS SO GOOD!
    IVE READ IT 3 TIMES NOW!SO DESERVES TO BE PUBLISHED, SO PUBLISH, PUBLISH, PUBLISH :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been speaking to Kev for a while now, and am really looking forward to reading this book. I haven't heard much about it, but from what I've heard, somebody needs to publish this now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kevin James John Carpenter is one amazing writer and i can tell that he will have many more great stories to come. This book is a master peice and should be published, I for one know i would deffinatly read and buy this book for my own enjoyment...Xxx:PxxX...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this should be published .. cause kevin is awesome and worked real hard on this ..

    gotta love it :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please publish this book it is awsome

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with absolutly everybody in this blogspot, it so needs to be published. You can't just let a book like this go to waste. Its just not right

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Yeah, WHEN IS THIS BOOK GOING TO BE PUBLISHED!!!!! Kevin and his book deserves to be published

    ReplyDelete